After class this week, a parent asked for more songs, like “Happy Puppy, Silly Cat” and “Seven Days” (see my previous post), that have an asymmetrical meter. Here’s the rest of my list, and please post comments with more, if you’ve got ‘em.
- Dave Brubeck, “Take Five”
- Dave Brubeck, “Blue Rondo a la Turk”
- Bela Fleck, “Almost Twelve”
- Pete Townshend, “Face Dances, Pt. 2”
- King Crimson, “Frame by Frame”
- Nine Inch Nails, “March of the Pigs”
- Bela Bartok, “Bulgarian Dance II”
- And, from what I’ve read online, most of Tool’s music.
If that’s up your alley, go for it.
(I love that I sandwiched Bela Bartok between Nine Inch Nails and Tool. :-)